View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 03:42 PM   #2
KingV2k3
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Ideal Player Types for LeBeau Zone Blitz Scheme

I'm using TEN, so I'm kind of figuring this out on the fly...

There's two sets of concerns to balance here, what the actual scheme / defense calls for and how that implementation translates to Madden...

Firstly, all thee of my down lineman (DT / LDE / RDE) are large bodies with high STR and BSH ratings to control the two gap technique as much as the game allows...

The ends are almost more like "Versatile" D tackles than 4-3 style DE's...

I look for / set the ends to "Run Support" and look for "Run Support" or "Nose Tackle" for the DT...they shed blocks better...

The OLB's are the key to the pass rush, so fast players with good pursuit and high AWR that are "3-4 Pass Rushers" are solid choices here...

The MLB's are the main tacklers in the run game, so "Run Stop" or "3-4 Tacklers" seem to work well collecting the tackles that the DL set up for them...

I play waaaaay more zone than man, so I prefer corners that are more "Zone" than anything else, but "Man" and Balanced" seem to work pretty much as well...

I steer away from "Run Support" corners, because the run coverage is just fine without having to emphasize that...

The FS and SS are always dominant players in the "Madden Universe", so they're going to be involved no matter what...

Ideally, I like "Playmakers" back there, but they're going to be dominant regardless...

Once again, "Run Support" seems to be overkill at the safety positions this year, so anything else is preferred...esp. at FS, when I'd rather have them lean more to pass coverage ("Zone") than "Run Support"...