View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 10:08 PM   #1
xMurphys_Law
Banned

OVR: 0
Sim, is it even real anymore?

Honestly, I was the guy who had the 20 plus lines of rules. But in video gaming, what is sim really? If we were to see a true Sim NBA game, we would have to see 12 minute quarters and really have the CPU play on its own. Nowadays, sim is just a bunch of rules that tailor gameplay around a particular type of player. But i dont feel like the truly represent the follow NBA basketball experience.

Key rules like PIP (points in the paint), and fastbreaking dont actually represent true play in todays NBA. Those two particular rules state for PIP, you can only score a set amount of points in the paint (usually around 50% with deductions). And You can only fastbreak off turnovers...

Real life basketball shows teams who advance the ball up court, utilizing the young athletic talent they may have. Miami Heat's transition game was one of the most potent offenses in there Champion runs. You cant tell me that teams with post studs limited there post play to 50% of their offense.

These rules are in conflict with the fact that they limit the true feel of NBA basketball. But the idea is to limit cheese and exploits. SO to me, its not about what you do, its how you do it. Example, if you have Shaq, you are crazy if you arent running post plays directed to him. And for me, if you kill me with 100% skilled post moves (not catch n turbo bs), its on me. You should force me to either play straight up or double. If i have a weak halfcourt team, i should be able to runs you in transition, the same if you have the rebounding advantage...

Basketball is about adjustments, and as long as its not exploitation it should never be an issue. Unfortunating the Sim world today isnt about that. So i am no longer Sim Style, but Real Style....

I welcome opinions, but please dont be rude.....
Advertisements - Register to remove