View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 01:03 PM   #1979
Armor and Sword
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

The Dolphins conducted the Year 1 draft this morning (before I had to go to work)

Owner/GM Dan Marino may have knocked the ball out of the park on draft day. His overall draft grade coming in at a solid A

He was able to land 3 CB's who are all going to have big futures. With the first 3 picks Marino went CB, CB, and yes CB. This is an area of the Dolphins team that is a mess. Grimes regressed in speed big time after year 1. The Dolphins will be starting 2 rookies at CB1 and CB2 and moving Grimes to the nickel spot. My 3rd rookie CB could easily overtake Grimes at some point in year 2.

Marino went RG in round 4 and landed a future stud IMO.

Marino also drafted a gem of a RT in round 5 who will overtake Juwan James if he develops.

In rounds 6 and 7 the Dolphins landed a couple of very nice RB's who will play roles behind star Lamar Miller. These two backs both had sick combines and incredibly fell to the Fins. One back from Georgia is a 5'10 235 lb one cut runner with a great agility, juke and stiff arm. The other back is from Clemson 6'0 230 pounds with great speed and acceleration coupled with a 94 truck rating. WOW!!!!! Lamar Miller was extended for 4 years however he can be traded if these two backs prove to be great prospects. Miller is firmly entrenched as the teams starter though heading into year two.

Jay Ajai may find himself on the trade block after not having a productive rookie year as the short yardage RB and primary back up to Miller, Damien Williams has been given his outright release along with CB Lippet and Jamar Taylor.

In free agency the Rams landed WR Alshon Jeffries after 20 teams were bidding on him and he went unsigned!!! I generated a random number for the Rams (who are in my opinion a WR away from being a serious contender) and they were able to sign him to a one year deal worth 6.5MM It remains to be seen if they can resign him long term.

The Broncos landed RB Matt Forte.

The Dolphins made a giant splash in free agency landing MLB Danny Trevathan!!! It was a huge pick up as this was an area of deep need. So now our LG core has Jenkins, Trevathan and Misi

Richie Incognito was signed to a one year deal to be the Dolphins starter at LG. Ironic signing but Owner/GM Dan Marino is going for it this season.

FB John Kuhn was also signed to a one year deal in free agency and should really help fill a huge hole there for the Dolphins.

WR Leonard Hankerson comes home to Miami (former Hurricane) to fight for a roster spot. he has veteran Gregg jennings in front of him. It's possible the Dolphins will carry 6 WR's this season.

And last but not least Michael Crabtree was signed to a one year incentive layden deal to be the Dolphins slot WR. Jarvis Landry and DeVante Parker are your #1 and #2 WR's respectively and Kenny Stills and Crabtree will battle for the slot position (and very well may rotate depending on down and distance and play calls). Still came on at the end of year one as a deep threat.

The Dolphins stumbled to the finish in year one and ended the season with a 8-8 record. It was a huge letdown after starting 5-0. However Owner and Gm Dan Marino promised to be aggressive in free agency and promised a strong draft. He delivered on both counts.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23