View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 08:35 AM   #1984
Tonic
Rookie

Tonic's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

Was able to get two more games in last night:

@SEA: Lost 41-14. Lynch ran all over me. He had about 120 yards on 20 carries and FOUR touchdowns. He couldn't be stopped. Even if I stacked the box, he ran right through my LBs. Stafford threw a couple of picks and I couldn't get anything going on the ground either. Seattle played like their real-life counterpart and just dominated me on both sides of the ball.

vs. ARI: Won 48-14. I decided to move Nevin Lawson to CB2 and Mathis to nickel back as Mathis is just too slow and bad at man coverage. It payed off immediately as Lawson had an excellent game, even recording a pick six. I dominated on both sides of the ball, especially on defense where I forced 6 turnovers. Working with a short field and a lead all game, Stafford threw for less than 200 yards but did manage to throw 3 TDs. Joique Bell ran for over 100 yards and a TD. Theo Riddick had over 80 yards receiving and two TDs. With the game out of reach early, Ameer Abdullah got a lot of work, recording over 70 rushing yards along with a TD. I figured out the best way to beat a 3-4 scheme is to run a lot of zone blocking to make better holes for my backs. Had a lot of fun with this one, looking forward to getting a couple more games in tonight!

I'm currently sitting at 2-3, with my 3 losses coming to teams with a combined record of 11-1 going into last week. The next few weeks will be big to determine if I'm going to be in contention for a playoff spot or looking to play my younger guys to get more experience and reload through the draft and free agency. I'm absolutely loving these sliders! One question though, are you guys seeing any missed FGs? I haven't seen any in my first 5 games, and three of which were pretty windy.

Last edited by Tonic; 11-25-2015 at 08:37 AM.