Old 12-03-2015, 04:20 PM   #37
The JareBear
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: UFC 194 - Aldo v. McGregor/Weidman v. Rockhold - Dec. 12 - Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
I was a huge fan of Aldo in the WEC, but since his reign in the UFC he's habitually done just enough to cruise to decision victories. In most bouts its clear as day he's head and shoulders the better fighter. He's had 2 finishes in the UFC, the Chad Mendes knee KO and when he finished the Korean Zombie after KZ separated his shoulder.(doesn't count in my book as a finish)

I read a great piece yesterday http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/11/2...regor#comments consisting of fighter's thoughts before, during and after fighting Aldo. Next I watched one Aldo's highlight videos and was simply amazed again by him. Sitting in related videos was Mcgregor's insult compilation so I figured I'd watch it again.

It's like some crazy knight found a sleeping dragon and every chance he gets he tries to p*ss it off. It's gold really. Either the knight finally awakens the dragon and it destroys him or the crazy knight does the unthinkable and slays it. In the end the fans win.
Great post, my man.

I can't wait to see how the fight plays out. I believe in Conor. I also believe Aldo is a true savage. I think people sleep on Aldo's BJJ game. He's got legit "sick jitz" as they say on TUF.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.