Old 12-08-2015, 12:34 AM   #2056
Cowboy008
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I decided to let the CPU handle it. I did it year one and found it was too cumbersome. So I went ahead and let the CPU take over around week 15 of year one. I ended up seeing a number of good free agents anyway.

For all 32 teams, I handle injury management, depth chart management, waiver wire signings and creating realistic trades between teams.

Each week I check every teams injured list. If I see a guy will miss the rest of the year I will IR them myself, then sign a free agent for the team using the random number generator. 1-33 they get first guy they want, if not we keep generating numbers and go down the list of players till they get 1-33 and sign them.

Also if the player has a chance to return by the playoffs and is a key front line starter I will not IR them. But if they are a back up or a fringe starter I will IR them and get that team help.

I do some interesting trades typically starting in year 2 (which I am in) where if I see CPU teams make some head scratching Free Agent signings I may make a trade.

For example at he start of year 2 I saw that Alshon Jeffries went unsigned in free agency despite 20 teams bidding on him!!!! So I went through each team and generated a number.

I started with worst records first and I set it for 1-25 they get to sign them 26-100 no sign.

The Rams won the Alshon sweepstakes. A huge signing. Wonder if they will retain him? Cool story line.

But the Rams also made a strange signing in the off-season. They brought in Matt Forte. Despite having the young Todd Gurley. Well I did not like that at all.

So I looked around the league for a team in contention that can use a veteran RB like Forte. I saw the Broncos could really use not only a RB but a new QB as they let Osweiler escape via free agency!! So they were in a real pickle.

I generated 2 random numbers for them.

1-33 - they can make realistic trade for waned players.

Well they hit on both and made a deal for Forte (sending a 3rd round pick) for him (30 year old RB's don't fetch much but Forte is a legit 3 down back).

Then they made a deal for Kirk Cousins who singed wth the Browns. I made this deal for the Broncos after week 4 of the regular season when I saw how badly they were struggling without a legit QB. They did not draft one despite losing Manning to retirement and Brock to free agency. I made a storyline up for Johnny Manziel as he made a start vs my Dolphins in week 4. Cousins was hurt (made that up) and Manziel proceeded to have a great game and lead his Browns to a big home win over the Dolphins in a thrilling shoot out.

I generated a number for the Broncos and they got the number they needed to make a deal for Cousins. They sent a 2016 2nd and 2017 third for Cousins and a 2016 4th.

Cousins then proceeded to throw 5 TD's in his Broncos debut.

So there is a good example of how I use 32 team control to create trades, storylines and spice up my CFM. Lot's of fun.

It makes me look at every team's depth chart each week to see how things are going. I don't over micro manage. But I take care in checking teams depth charts after major events like free agency, the draft, right before the trade deadline and when major injuries occur.

It keeps me immersed and feeling like my CFM is alive vs just living in my own teams bubble.

Lot's of fun.
Thanks Armor. I just got finished with the draft but haven't advanced to year 2 yet. I checked the free agent list and there's some big names still not signed so I think I'll do what you did. Also I don't do any trades so I think I'll try out the way you do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghxstbeezy
32 Team CFM turning off coach firing is the way to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have coach firing on and have the other 31 teams on auto-pilot and just turn off auto-pilot for the team I'm playing that week so it will disable the drive goals. In doing this the teams that fire their coach or have their coach's contract expire they will resign them or hire a new coach.