View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 01:32 PM   #221
Armor and Sword
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Trailer, Josh Donaldson is the Cover Athlete - Ships 3.29.16

I have to slightly disagree with Psycho on one point.

The difference between 13 and 15 as far as gameplay for me was dramatic.

Hitting was far better. Directional hitting was long overdue.

Ball physics were on another level. The variety of hits was the best yet.

Fielder speed, base runner speed was far more refined. The new speed paradigm was a success and can only get better.

Manual Fielding - something I never did on 11,12,13,14 was fun on 15 (I still went back to my auto field manual throw). It was not nearly as clunky as in the past. Ratings really mattered overall in regards to fielding this year.

Ball spins in regards to pitching was on a new level of realism. really impressive.

Pitcher AI was better IMO. Ace's felt like aces. 5th starters felt like 5th starters (on average).

Hitting AI was much better. I am able to set up hitter and get them chasing pitches out of the zone. Many more swings and misses on 15 then ever before. Awesome to throw some high country heat and get them swinging and missing for strike 3. Or a nasty back door slider locking them up. Or a almost in the dirt curve being whiffed on. That never really happened for me on previous games.

They enhanced the sliders to include both infield and outfield sliders which to me made a huge difference in realism and getting a sweet spot with auto fielding.

Anyway just my thoughts. I felt MLB 15 was easily the best one to date and by a pretty wide margin when it came to core game play on the field. It was truly the first next gen Show title. I felt 14 was more of a port (flame away but that's is how it felt all the way through save for stadiums).

I agree on many other points in regards primarily to presentation, player models etc. I hope they really ramp up to NBA2K like presentation. it is so freaking great.

Also keep adding to an already deep franchise mode. And of course we all want true historical stat tracking, rosters being able to be carried over stand alone (vs through franchise/season files).

I am sure we will get a lot of big game improvements for 16. I also expect presentation to be ramped up. I agree about MLB 15. The play by play was far too repetitive. I heard the same lines every game 12 games into a season. That should not be happening anymore.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Advertisements - Register to remove