View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 12:44 PM   #42
GetThePuckOut
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: Gamechanger event #1 (very early impressions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
The main thing this series needs attention on is gameplay...there has been way too much time spent on game modes, presentation, HUT, EASHL, etc over the past few years while the core gameplay has remained broken. This affects everything else in the game and should have the time and effort put in to fix.

A lot of these have been mentioned, but a good starting point would be:

- Player separation: Make a noticeable difference between a 1st and 4th liner.
- Improved player ratings: Right now all of the players are lumped together, which makes player separation almost indistinguishable. Make the player ratings matter.
- Improved defensive AI and controls: defense is an afterthought in this game. Instead of making poke checks and stick lifts an exploit, how about you make the players smarter. Why do 2 CPU players always try to play the puck at the blue line? Why doesn't my defensemen hold the blue line on the PP? I could go on and on.
- Power play: There aren't enough, and this has been broken for years. Special teams are such a huge part of hockey, it blows my mind that this area has been broken for so long.
- Team/coaching AI: Each team should play noticeably different than the other.
- Sliders: Make them actually work.
- Board play: Dumping the puck and possession hockey is how hockey is really played. This game encourages you not to do that...instead it lets you enter the zone unchallenged so you can shoot shoot shoot!!

These are just off the top of my head...make the game play like real hockey out of the box, and let the sliders do their job for those who enjoy an arcade experience. 2k hockey challenged this series because it offered more of a sim hockey experience. Competition shouldn't be the only motivation to make a better game.

A lot of these requests from diehard hockey fans have been around for several years. Listen to your fans and fix the gameplay.

Agree100%!!!

Wish there will be only NHL/AHL mode, fix the core gameplay! Back to Basics please.
It's possible to add an Arcade Mode and a Hardcore SiM Mode!
Let us Hardcore Sim Guys edit the gameplay to our sim feel.
Ah and pleaaaaase fix the broken SLider SAVES!
Last Line Change for the Home Team is a Must!