Old 12-26-2015, 11:56 AM   #962
tdawg3782
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I played the Texans last night using KC. I lost the game 9-7 as neither team could get a passing game going. Key stats:

KC (me)
Alex Smith: 13/33 - 221 yards, 1 TD and 3 INTs
Jamaal Charles: 15-53 yards. 0 TDs
Defense: 2 sacks

Houston (CPU)
Hoyer (got hurt mid-game): 8/14 - 84 yards, 0/0
Mallett: 19/34 - 179 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTs
Foster: 19-91 (he also had a long TD called back by a holding call)
Grimes: 10-42
Defense: 3 sacks

Mallett looked as erratic as he does in real life which was pretty cool. For me, I reigned in my gunslingng ways a bit, but the Houston defense was just all over my WRs.

-----------------
Played next against Denver....lost 38-24 (was down 38-17 when I scored a garbage-time TD).

Manning completed 68% of his passes for 258 yards with 2 TDs and 1 INT. Cool thing was that his leading receiver was Demaryius Thomas (9 catches for 84 yards). Anderson went 22 for 88 and Ball went 9-68 (with a 50 yard TD run on a beautiful trap).

I did better with Smith this game, completing 63% (but 4 more picks did not help matters...you just cannot force the ball with this setup..lol).

Now, both games were played using the OP set with the 50 CFM holding option, the 60/80 autosubs, and testing 50/53 DPI (which I loved). I need to play a couple more, but I REALLY like the 50/53 DPI. It's open enough that QBs are not throwing to the TEs all the time, but it's tight enough that a)DBs will make plays on the ball and b) Robo QB doesn't kick-in.

If anyone gives 50/53 DPI a shot, let me know how it goes.
No joke about forcing the ball lol. I did a test game with my 2nd year Chargers team (I've played 2 and simmed 5) and the are currently 7-0. I have a really well rounded D and a pretty dominating O. Anyways I was using Kings set up till this point (which is quite good) and of course wanted to give yours a go because I'm a constant tinkerer lol. Man oh man was it tough. I was playing the Bucs who are pretty terrible and they were killing me all over the field. Winston was lights out and their HB's (R. Jennings and Simms III) were whipping my D all over the field. My O couldn't get anything going and when I did force a throw I paid every time lol. I only got 3 qtrs in but I was down by 10. I think it was 27-17. This was with the all default subs (60/80) set.

So I didn't really see any glaring things off about these at all. I was angry because I was getting handled but that's natural lol. I did notice more oline subbing then the other set. At one point I got sacked 3 straight times because my LT wasn't in and the backup was garbage. Their DBs seemed to handle my WRs much better then mine could which I don't agree with but I'm biased. I do have (K. Allen, S. Johnson, and Josh Gordon). As was said Winston on fire and was 20-24 at the time I stopped but a lot of those throws were underneath. My pass rush wasn't really there. All in all these provide a great challange no doubt and there aren't really any WTF moments. Good job JC.