Old 01-01-2016, 10:04 PM   #17
whughes
MVP

whughes's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We're building something here... an NCAA 14 teambuilder dynasty

Recruiting Watch

Trappers hand out first scholarships... ever

The Trappers have officially offered scholarships to a few players in the 2015 recruiting class;

Adam Walker, 1* QB, Melrose, MA
A quarterback is arguably the most important player on the offensive side of the ball, so it makes sense that the Trappers would go after one immediately. Adam is a balanced quarterback with a strong arm, but he lacks accuracy. He isn't someone thats going to beat you with speed, but you have to keep an eye on him because he is capable of tucking the ball and running when he needs to.
Scouts Initial Rating: 56ovr

John Dunn, 2* WR, Brunswick, ME
What good is a quarterback without someone to throw the ball to? At 5'11" and 174lbs John fits the role of a speedy slot receiver perfectly. While he struggles sometimes to catch the ball, once he has it he is hard to catch.
Scouts Initial Rating: 62ovr

J.R. Pino, 2* C, Biddeford, ME
J.R. is a bit undersized for a lineman at 6', 283lbs. With that being said, he does surprisingly well at run blocking. This is a smart kid who could anchor the Trappers line for the next 4 years.
Scouts Initial Rating: 58ovr

Jeff Hill, JUCO 1* DE, Lebanon, NH
As a junior, Jeff will only have one year of illegibility when and if he comes to Portland. However, for that one year he could be a very dominant pass rusher. He's a kid with very good speed for a defensive lineman, and knows how to use his hands to get into the backfield.
Scouts Initial Rating: 68ovr

Freddy Brown, 1* OLB, Melville, RI
At 6'3" and 221lbs Freddy could easily shift into the middle of the defense, but has the speed to contend on the outside as well. He excels in zone coverage but has a tendency to bite on the play action, making him not very good in man to man situations.
Scouts Initial Rating: 58ovr

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas