Old 01-14-2016, 10:15 AM   #1587
Datninja619
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhigginsluckow
A few more notes from my prospective after playing another 6.5 games...

As a recap, I had been using the default blue slider set outside two changes:

1 User catch raised to 50 (from 40)
2 CPU Pass Block raised to 60 (from 50)

As the default roster with the 49ers (I do have Aldon Smith), we played Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Arizona, Green Bay, Baltimore, NY Giants, and Seattle the first 7 weeks. Only significant injury was Aaron Rodgers out for the Packers. I'm only going off memory, as I can't upload screenshots or anything. But some things I noticed:

1 Kaepernick plays like a champ for me. Averaged over 300 yards per game and had like 17 TD, 6 INT. As his ratings are not particularly good, this worries me because I'm thinking to myself "what would happen if I ever got a good quarterback?"

2 I was 4-2, well on my way to 5-2 (I quit the Seattle game by halftime). However, I was not winning those games as I think I "should" have. I was winning the games as if I were New Orleans, winning 38-35 type shoot outs. Again, the 49ers offensive roster is not very strong, which worried me because I am very good at drafting and developing players. I was averaging 35 points per game through week 6. Week 7, I'm playing the Seahawks and somehow I'm up 45-28 at halftime. That's when I stopped because I knew I had to (unfortunately) tweak the sliders and restart my franchise. I know I don't "have" to restart, but I can't stand when everything isn't universal.

3 Even though my defense gave up 30+ points per game, I am fairly happy with that. I'll get better as I upgrade the 49ers average defense, and I play a very aggressive style on defense anyway. I give up a lot of points, but I also rack up a lot of big plays which gives my offense more opportunities with the ball. Still, dropping 45 on Seattle was too much to stomach for me.

With that said, I will now be rolling with the BLACK set with a few tweaks:

1 QB Accuracy raised to 8. I tried the default BLACK set before with accuracy at 5, and I was lucky to get 40% completion. With it at 10, it felt about right but again, I want to make this set in anticipation of eventually having a better quarterback, as Kaepernick has accuracy ratings below 80. I should struggle passing with that type of quarterback. Between lowering the Accuracy slider a bit and dropping the catch rating, hopefully it does the trick.

2 Run Blocking raised to 10. At 0, their DLine was getting too much penetration too quickly. At 15, Mike Davis (74 OVR) was able to get a good 80 yards per game in my pass-happy offense. Again, I want to try and set this up for the future. the 49ers OLine is pretty crappy, so I want to struggle a little more until I get better rated players.

3 Fumbles raised to 10 - simply didn't like how it plays at 0. Kap seemed to fumble every time he scrambled.

4 Kick Accuracy raised to 50 - I'm bad enough at kicking, I don't need the decrease here.

5 Kickoff Power lowered to 60 - Having it at 75 had me kicking it out of the endzone even without maximum power. Phil Dawson has a 92 Kick Power for reference.

Still, your sets are the best on the board, in my humble opinion. I'll let you know how it goes with this set up.
For the run blocking try it at 5 also. I felt the same way about the D line when it was at 0. At 5, I don't break 100 yards every game, but I have a chance to get out of the backfield.

Fumbles at 0 is frustrating haha. I drafted a mobile QB also. He's very very good I'll have to post his stats. I've been lighting it up with him. But I'm sure he led the league in fumbles all of his years . I really had to invest in my Oline throughout the years