View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 09:09 PM   #356
StiffArm
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Mike Lowe Madden 2016 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
For my own curiosity, what's your record, and how has player confidence been? A lot of people here seem to be freaking out about it, but most teams seem to hover around similar confidence levels, so it balances out.

I would agree about adjust block in the back and holding to get more of a mix. Defensive PI seems good to me though; if anything, could be slightly increased to reflect today's true NFL! Also, I'd say I use a "hard count" about 50-60% of the my offensive snaps. Especially on third and longs, and third and shorts.

I completely forgot about retired numbers. I did change a late draft pick out of jersey #20 at least...

Add me on PSN: MikeLowe47
My record is 4-3 through week 8 (one bye week). Most games have been close, winning by a whisker against Miami and Jacksonville. I also got a win against New England when Brady was knocked out for almost the whole game. Confidence is such that most players are either even or +1 from their base overalls.

My rush defense has been quite solid, but my pass defense is ranked 26th despite playing one fewer game than several teams. At times it just seems like we can't stop anything in the air. I do have 5 INTs, though, which is middle of the pack. I lost Jerry Hughes for several weeks, though, which I'm sure had an impact.

Offensively, we are middle of the pack. I've been a pass first offense in the west coast style. On the ground I usually run man/power schemes, but I sprinkle in some zone runs here and there too. My passing offense has been well ahead of my rushing offense, but I did lose McCoy for four games which didn't help.

My completely feelz-ball impression is that the challenge is about right on offense. On defense I think perhaps pass D is too difficult and run D is possibly too easy. However, the D-line is clearly the strength of my D, with my weaknesses at linebacker and, to a lesser extent, safety, so it may just be my team. Also, I almost always user the MLB, and I'm pretty good at playing the run but I'm totally lost on pass plays, so it may just be an artifact of my own personal skill set.

I'll have to start remembering to use the hard count, I guess, if only to balance out the offside penalties.

I'm on X-Box One, so no PSN I'm afraid.