View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 01:22 PM   #57
The JareBear
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Beta Gameplay Video - Twitch Stream (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
We had something like that for UFC 1 and had a good amount of people participate. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ne-league.html It didn't last very long, but it was pretty fun. Honestly, until EA finally gives us a CFM/Universe type mode I don't see anything like that going very long. It's just a lot for one person to keep up with creating fights, making sure guys are getting their fights in, updating spreadsheets, etc. If the game tracked everything then that would make everything much easier.

For me I only like playing in a league setting. I mean, I can have fun fighting friends a couple of times, but I could careless about playing ranked. Online records just don't mean anything to me because I'd much rather see the league evolve as a whole. It's like back in the PS2 days when Madden and NCAA online first became available I loved it.... for about a year anyway, then it just became playing games over and over again for no reason other than to improve your ranking. The better your ranking the more cheese you encountered. It just got old after awhile. After that I wanted more and once online leagues came out I never played a single game against a random since. It's all league games or league warm up games against people I know.

Unfortunately, it seems that the people who are the most vocal in the EA UFC community are the people prefer online ranked. Knowing that fact and with all of the manhours and money that EA would have to invest to add an online league then I don't know if a couple of threads on message boards throughout the internet will ever be enough to move the needle. I hope I'm wrong though.
I feel like running a league for a game like this is just super tough. It could be a lot of fun if done right but like you said it is a lot of work.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.