View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 11:51 AM   #1654
jhigginsluckow
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders

To recap, I'm using the Buccaneers original 75-man rosters. Since they are the worst rated overall team in the game (I believe), I'm hoping to go somewhere between 6-10 to 8-8. Otherwise, I'm worried the slider set may be too easy when my roster is better, and I'll never get a challenge. Unfortunately, I am 4-2 right now. My passing game gets me just under 300 yards per game, 3 touchdowns, 1 interception. With a rookie in Jameis Winston, I would prefer those numbers to be a little lower. Otherwise, as Winston progresses, I fear he'll hit 5k yards and 50 TDs every year. Charles Sims, with about as bad of an offensive line to run behind as there is (lineman OVRs are 79, 85, 79, 74, 72), is on pace for around 1400 yards. I average 36 points per game. I average 61 plays per game, which is low for NFL standards, yet I score many more points. Not good.

The defense is playing as I want it to. With Gerald McCoy, Lavonte David, and Alteraun Verner being the only guys rated above an 80, I'm giving up 30+ points per game. Not that I "want" that lol. But at the same time, it is what I want because it means the game is playing right for me. And for the most part, the CPU isn't getting bullcrap plays against me, which is nice. Giving up that many points seems to be based on my lack of talent on the roster as opposed to, for example, 5'9 Brandin Cooks winning jumpballs over 6'2 Jonathan Banks all game long or Darren Sproles trucking my entire defense on his way to the endzone. Of the top of my head, here's what I'm rolling with:

Accuracy 7-45
Pass blocking 5-60
Catching 40-43
Runblocking 8-65
Fumbles 10-60
Reaction Time 40-100
Interceptions 40-80
Pass Coverage 40-100
Tackling 40-80
Special Teams- USER & CPU
FG Power- 50
FG Accuracy- 50
Punt Power- 55
Punt Accuracy- 100
Kickoff Power- 60

The first things I'm going to change to try and "fix" my offensive dominance are the defense's INT and Tackle sliders. I don't want to lower my accuracy any further. I'm only completing 60% of my passes as it is, and I remember when I had it at 5, it was in the 40%. With CPU pass coverage and reaction time already maxed out, the only other option appears to be messing with the INT slider, and perhaps the pass blocking one. I also don't want to lower my run blocking anymore, as it seems to cause below average defensive lineman to get into my backfield far too quickly, far too often. As it is now, Jerrell Casey (TEN), Cameron Jordan (NO), and JJ Watt (HOU) all have been getting into the backfield quite a bit, without allowing much lesser players to do the same. Long story short, I think I like the way the lines interact at 8. I do want the linebackers to pursue and/or fill holes better, so I'm hoping that raising the tackle slider will accomplish that.

I really do like my defensive sliders. They give me a challenge while not making it too unrealistic. Drew Brees got hurt in the middle of game two, and their back up played like a back up. Having my setting at 45 instead of 70 is a huge drop I know, but the elite quarterbacks still play like elite guys. It's the lower rated guys that seem to suffer the most from this slider drop. Same with the Catch slider. Like I said, I was tired of Brandin Cooks winning jump balls whenever the CPU felt like it, and I was tired of the CPU's 60 OVR WR catching everything in sight while Mike Evans has drops every game. Dropping the CPU catch slider hasn't seemed to effect the top guys for the CPU. DeAndre Hopkins and Kelvin Benjamin still made exciting catches. Finally, bumping the Fumble slider to 10 seems to solve my quarterback fumbling problem. Winston still fumbles from time to time if I don't slide, but not every single time like before.

Jarodd (or anyone else I guess), any other suggestions on how to nerf my offense a little bit more without it getting too wacky? Do you think raising the CPU INT and Tackle sliders will accomplish what I'm looking to do? Thanks a lot for all your work, your sliders gave me a great baseline to work with!