View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 09:43 AM   #1656
jhigginsluckow
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujer
Hi Jarodd, finally got into season 2 of your sliders. I went 4-12 on the blue set with the rams while working to get some of my skills back.

I upgraded my oline in FA that relly improved my run game. I am much more competetive now and is 2-1 in the new season.

One thing I am noticing is the ovr boost my players are getting. I am regulary seeing +3 OVR changes. I feel my roster is playing a bit too strong. I moved away from the trick with assigning a new coach to the team i am playing only to retire him after playing the game (drive goal workaround apparently).

What is yours and others experience with boosts?

My experience is that while the last patch made drive goals a lot more tolerable, I still use the work around. If the CPU doesn't get that extra in-game XP, I feel it's unfair for me to get it. I believe I recall Jarodd saying before that he doesn't use the work around. It's going to be a personal preference for you. However, the overall boosts that you're talking about I think are more related to the confidence gains. Check your players. Are the players with the boosts you mention all 99 for confidence? After a full season, sometimes that happens to some players even on crappy teams. There's not much that anyone can do about it when it inevitably happens. The only thing you can do to sort of balance it out is to go into every other team and reset their players' confidence to 50 if it fell below that level so at least the confidence gap isn't so big. It sucks you can't do it the other way around (as in, reset players with a 99 confidence rating back to 50), but if you play enough seasons, theoretically all teams will eventually have all their players at 99 confidence and that will even it out.