View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 01:58 PM   #721
Cheese2121

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: A Rising Storm in the North | Cheese's Eastern Michigan Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbigmike
Great win over Ball St. Hopefully the passing game can right the ship, they've been in a bit of a funk recently.

Also, do you know if you see who won the Michigan MAC Trophy for each year in your dynasty? EMU/CMU/WMU all play for the trophy in football and basketball each year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_MAC_Trophy
Thanks for checking in mike! It was definitely a huge win for us over a struggling Ball State team and a record setting day for the ground game. Our passing attack has been in as you said a "funk" lately and I am hoping the rainy weather we have been playing in has been contributing to that. We definitely have some work to do in that aspect of our game. While great run blockers, a lot of our linemen do not hold up very well in the pass. Iannotti has also been inconsistent at best.

Unfortunately the game does not have the Michigan MAC Trophy, I do however still follow who won it (despite the game not having it). We have won it in 2011 and 2013. Western Michigan won it in 2012.

Thanks for the great feedback and following along my friend. Hopefully your memphis team can get their first win here next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32
Well I'm not following this anymore. Texas beat Oklahoma, just kidding.

Let's get a win here and some good QB play. I imagine you run an offense very similar to the Nick Saban national championship teams pre-Lane Kiffin. Lots of running and good play action? If not that's what I would do if I were you. Short passes (drags, curls, out) and then when they are keying the run hit the play action passes (posts, crosses, go routes, corners).

I think if you can get some great QB play you can be a force and get some real upsets.

I think you should cruise against Western Michigan.

Haha sorry my friend. I knew you were going to be hurting when I saw the Red River Shootout score line. That being said, with only one loss, Oklahoma is far from out of things. On paper they have arguably the best team in CFB and their running back is leading the Heisman Watch (Brandon Williams).

You hit the nail on the head with the kind of offense I run. We are definitely a power run team built to be more of a "punch you in the jaw" style of attack. The defense is starting to get there to be of the same mentality but still has a ways to go. We definitely do a lot of short intermediate passes with the occasional long ball to Vaughn/Johnson but our play action game isn't fantastic. The o-line isn't quite strong enough in pass protection to give me the time I need to set those plays up better. We will get there though.

Should be a good game here against WMU. Any rivalry game is usually a good one regardless of talent and they got a pretty decent squad there.

Thank you for the fantastic feedback my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
Coach P keeps rolling at SMU! We've sure put together one potent offensive attack. To make it better, BC/USC are both ranked and EMU keeps winning at a breakneck pace!

Best of luck against WMU. I think this could be your toughest game from here out.
Coach P is doing some serious work at SMU. You are all but guaranteed a post-season bowl berth at this point and you are running one of the top offenses. There is little doubt you will have no problem finding a good job come the offseason.

USC is on the rise and starting to look like their historic self after some down years. I think these next couple seasons they will start to distance themselves. Boston College has been playing well. The ACC is looking very strong this year between them, VT and Clemson.

Thanks for checking in!

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Advertisements - Register to remove