View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 09:21 PM   #1697
My993C2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Do u play vs the cpu or do u super Sim games cpu vs cpu ? Not sure what you mean by cpu vs cpu.
Sometimes I will coach a game against the CPU opponent and that is when the coach setting from the game menu needs to be set to "on". But I do not super sim games. When I say CPU vs CPU, it is a Play Now game using two controllers. Both controllers are initially set to human controlled teams. But prior to the kick off I will switch both teams back to the center meaning they will be a CPU controlled. Then I sit back and watch the game. It's not for everyone. But I like it. To me there is no better way to judge how the AI plays that to have the computer play against itself. It is still far from perfect. Madden has it's warts. But Madden has made a lot of progress over the years and this year's iteration is the best it has ever been. Give it a good 10 years and it might be hard to tell the difference from the game and the real deal. Of course I said that 10 years ago. haha

I just finished the Vikings/49ers game where the Vikings won by a lowish score of 19-9. But I don't think it was slider related. It was how these two teams called their games. Both teams wanted to run the ball and both teams had reasonable success running the ball. But neither team had a lot of success scoring TDs once in the Red Zone (Minnesota was the only team to score a TD in the game). But Kaepernick was intercepted in the end zone not once but twice.

I definitely like the current slider settings and will be keeping them as is for a while. You did a few things that I never thought of doing when I was tinkering with my sliders in Madden 15. You have the play speed way up there at 90 and I always had it in the 40-50 range. Plus you have the defensive reaction time super low and I always had it well above 50. I am sure it is a combo of Madden 16 being better this year and your slider recommendations. But all I know is in the past I could not play 15 minute quarters because the scores were too high. But now I appear to be able to play 15 minute quarters and it's great. Good job. I will have fun in the off season.

Last edited by My993C2; 02-14-2016 at 09:32 PM.