View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 10:45 PM   #1679
snellman
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I loosely set my scheme based on the players....but I also base it around my style. I almost always set my corners to man-to-man because I want them focused on coverage. The Rams have good, fast LBs so I let them cover the perimeter more by setting them to balanced (prototype can work too). I use my FS as a playmaker and use the SS in zone. Quinn is set to speed rush while the remainder of the d-line is set to balanced. So, basically, my DBs hang in coverage, my LBs are free to roam more based on the play call and my d-line attacks. I've been using a ton of cover-3 buzz to complement the base man-to-man plays and it has worked well.

As my players gain XP, I invest in the skills that better complement this setup (unless they are ultra-low...then I just focus on what they do well). As a consequence, the unit has steadily improved throughout the season.
Interesting, I think I am going to change some things around. I am in my 2nd season so of course I have different players, but my CBs are the same, and my D-line is the same except I picked up Danielle Hunter when MN dropped him as a project because I love his speed and accel. All of my LBs are different, but still very fast. Will be interesting to see the results for the last half of the season.