View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 10:11 PM   #347
kbusch22
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
This is a great topic. Spring training is quite subpar compared to the season, playoffs, and offseason. It would be nice to have it bolstered at some point but I understand why it's not a top priority. NRI were a big wish for me personally too.

Having players fight for position battles toward the end of ST is always great to follow in real life.. It makes me wonder, one of the devs said the progression/attribute changes monthly, do you get that at the end of spring training? That would be huge to making spring training somewhat relevant and would bring in this element of position battles. If a guy has a hot spring maybe he played well enough to boost his ratings past his competition at second base. I am not sure if they do adjust after the month of March and I am leaning towards probably not but I would like for them to for the element it would bring to the game.
It will be interesting to see if this is the case, but I'd have to learn towards most likely not. I just get the impression that ST is viewed as a formality for most of the community, especially since it can be skipped entirely (ie: not even simmed through, just skipped as if it never happened).