View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 12:22 AM   #359
nomo17k
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Judging a players via rating vs via statistics is very different. Rating makes your decision on who to pinch hit with or reliever to bring in an absolute 100% correct choice. The highest rated player. It makes the decision for you and you can't ever be wrong. But if you are viewing their stats that's very different.

One guy could have a higher contactvL rating (the only thing that matters and the right choice) but perhaps another guy has a higher avgvL the season or last month because he is warm, but a lower contactvL at that moment. It let's you make the 'wrong' choice when currently that's impossible to do. Limited information is realistic.

And there is 0% chance they would ever remove the ratings from franchise mode because it would cause a riot. I don't see the logic in arguing for giving people less ways to play more options are always good.

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk

This is one of the major reasons why I have not really been able to get into a franchise type of mode in a game that exposes the true drivers of in-game performance. When true attributes of players are not obscured in any way, then the game is actually tipping what *truly* your best option is (in choosing players, for example), and our best strategy would always be what the in-game ratings tell us, and, probability wise, there really isn't any other options that make more sense.

In that sense, we are being deprived of what would be rather fun opportunities to "evaluate" our players, based on whatever criteria *we* think to be the best. In real life, that guessing game itself is an enjoyable game itself.

If we really truly knew what OVR (or more precisely, their individual attirubtes) all these minor leaguers have in real-life, there would be nothing to enjoy in creating top-prospect rankings, etc. But that's what the game is basically doing, when it exposes their true attribute values.