View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 04:07 AM   #364
nomo17k
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedEvil
sorry but this is so false. Who's to say u hit better with the 97 power guy? There's literally some 60 contact guys that i'll hit .320 and 88 contact guys where i cant break .250. I've also only broke 40 HRs with one player (Brandon Belt) and had 90+ power guys where i cant hit 25+....theres just some guys u cant hit with so why would i want to hit with the 95con 90power guy when i hit better with a certain 70/55 guy? its all in who u hit well with.
BrianU's point on Power attribute stands under all-else-being-equal conditions...

If you are controlling the in-game player, there may be certain factors (even weird things like batting stance, how comfortable/pressed you feel with players you feel attachment to) that affect how well you hit with the guy, but that's basically on you, and you are being the factor. When the player is controlled by CPU, it mostly becomes about attributes.

This is even more so when games are simmed (where some of the attributes that provide more varied characters to players don't factor in, like individual pitch attributes).