View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 03:03 PM   #5
NinthFall
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Player Development Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo
At an overall of 85 he's in the top end of players as it is. I like Gudbranson as a player and think he deserves a good rating.

That being said a 6 goal 30 assist season should shoot him to what rating? 88? 92? What happens if he hits 10 goals the next season? Now he's a 95?

It's not that I understand you frustrated with your player but think of the big picture, if every player that doesn't have a bad sesson shoots up the ratings, what is the point of it.

Now if your player was a 19 year old rookie rated 72 overall and they play well and have good stats and log lots of minutes, sure they should shoot up to a rating similar to other quality starting players.

Madden has been horrible for allowing every player who doesn't stink to shoot to 95+....this year they tuned it back to a more realistic growth chart and it kept the variances in the league. IMo these games play better with a large variety of player ratings.

Check out My Edmonton Oilers Dynasty
He's not 85, that's just the morale change. He's actual rating didn't upgrade... I'd be completely fine with players only developing by 1 overall a season, if they played well enough.

That's the issue, I want my players to develop, but it seems some of them are locked to their ratings no matter how well they do. For instance I had 17 goals with Logan Shaw one season, I was just testing if he would develop if he played well in the NHL, but he remained AHL potential and overall 77.

I don't like that players shoot up to incredible ratings after 1 season, but I like developing them slowly, realistically. Unfortunately some players seem to be locked... it makes me feel like they're waste of roster space and by now I already know which players will develop and which won't, so usually before the season starts I have to trade like half of my team, which I don't like at all because it's so unrealistic
Advertisements - Register to remove