View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 10:07 PM   #12
charter04
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Ratings Tests for Sliders

alright here is what I think about how these sliders work in relation to the ratings.

This is just my opinion based on testing but, it makes since to me and maybe this is why it seems they don't always work as good as they should.

I see them working kind of like the speed threshold slider.

At 50 it is basically EA's slider that they have tuned. In their opinion they think that a player needs to have a 15 or more advantage to really win consistently in the dice roll. Even 20 to 25 in some cases. This is on All Pro.

Basically it's like a player with 96 speed running about the same as one with 91 speed. The threshold slider as it's lowered makes that speed gap larger.

same with sliders.

Take the pass and run block slider. Those directly affect the pass blocking versus pass rush ratings and the run blocking and block shed ratings. Things like strength and other ratings can act as modifiers but, the former are more important.

So if you have a player with 95 finesse move go against a pass blocker with 90 pass block you wont notice much difference out of the box.

I think this is because EA chose to make pass blocking hold up longer in a user v user game than in real life. They thought the user would get frustrated if they only had 2.5 seconds to pass. 3 or 4 seconds might not seem like it's that much more but, it's the difference in throwing for 80% easy versus 50 or 60%.

It also causes elite pass rushers to be less affective and less valuable.

So the slider works to close the gap. Lowering the pass block slider makes the defender win more the closer you get to 0.

The trick is to lower it realistically and not give the defense too much advantage. That would cause a great pass blocker to be less affective.

You also can't lower it too low or the cpu gets sacked too much in play action.

For some weird reason the pass blocking sucks on play action for tackles compared to regular pass plays.

All the same info works the same for run blocking.

The hard part about the run blocking is that the cpu RB's do a much worse job of finding the holes in AP than in AM.

With pass coverage to close the game the slider has to be raised.

Pass coverage does affect Zone and man. I'm 100% sure. When I got it up to 100 man coverage and zone was better no doubt about it. The safeties in cover two played so good on deep passes I had to turn down int's because they were in position to have a int much more.

Even at 100 if the WR has a RTE versus coverage advantage they still win more times than not.

With pass accuracy and other ratings it's more tricky because they aren't really adjusting anything versus the defensive match up.

With QB accuracy it just makes the players accuracy ratings need a smaller gap to see a difference.

With it at 50 it's hard to tell much difference in a QB with 99 accuracy or one with 80 to me.

Anyway. most of this is just me getting board and testing stuff.

Again I'm not claiming everything is 100% accurate but, most of it I'm pretty sure.

Hopefully some of this can help. I'm sure it's to long of a post. lol