View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 11:30 AM   #1
YogiYahooeys
Rookie

OVR: 0
Official UFC 2 Career Discussion

So, I'm 13 fights into my career and here are a few things that I've seen in the mode that have me shaking my head.

First of all, apparently the UFC will decide that PPVs aren't profitable at all. I've fought 13 times and yet my next fight offer is for either UFC 205 or 206

Speaking of my next fight offer, I have a choice of fighting at UFC 205 on regular notice or UFC 206 on short notice. No, I didn't type that incorrectly. The later event is my short notice offer with only 1 training option instead of 3. Although, maybe the explanation for both this and the above is that in the future the UFC will hold events out of order. Maybe in a desperate attempt for sales, they decided to hold UFC 300 shortly after 200 and now they're just filling in the events in between out of order...

Talk about fighters going downhill. EAS UFC 2 predicts quite the fall for Jon Jones, going 7-10 over his next 17 fights. I can only imagine they believe that instead of conquering his drug problems that he is instead only going to get very good at hiding them.

Meanwhile, apparently Daniel Cormier will stay champion even while suffering from severe injury issues. While Jon Jones struggles with his drug problems going 7-10 over 17 fights, Daniel Cormier will only fight 2 times (both wins).

I think I've seen this complaint a few times other places, but I'll go ahead and mention it. I'm 13-0 to start my career, ranked number 4, just beat Frankie Edgar. My next fight offer? Either the #11 guy Hacran Dias on short notice or the #13 guy, Yair Rodriguez, who I just beat via KO in the fight before my last...

I have 13 straight KO's to start my career. How many fight awards have I received? That's right, none...

I'd tell you how old my character is, if I could find it. Apparently the only place to find out how old you are is to look at the tale of the tape just before one of your fights (unless I'm really missing something). I can, however, look in the "News" section to discover what the current date is during my career. Apparently, it's only 2019. So, I've fought 13 times in 3 years (none of them short notice fights), including a stint on TUF where I fought exhibition fights that didn't count toward my record. No wonder I've taken so much damage at the young age of 21...

Wait, it's 2019, so Jon Jones has fought 17 times and lost 10 times in 3 years? Somebody stop this guy...

Apparently, in 3 years both Nogueira's will continue to be fighting, while Chris Weidman will disappear off the face of the earth. Yup, can't find him anywhere in any of the rankings, not in MW, WW, or LHW...

Last edited by YogiYahooeys; 03-19-2016 at 11:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove