View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 11:56 AM   #2
Don Jon
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: UFC 2: Odd Career experiences

Yes it is quite obvious to me that EA did not spend a majority of its resources on this mode.

Ill use this thread as a place to vent my frustration with this mode, so bear with me. For me, Ronda Rousey is 19-8-0 now. So she went 7-7 since the start of career mode, thats horrendous. Jose Aldo is now 27-7. So he went 2-5 over his last 7 fights, thats terrible. TJ Dillashaw is now 16-10, so he has gone 4-7 over his last 11. You find a word to describe this.

A big problem also, is that 12 fights in, Dan Henderson is still fighting (rank 5).... Anderson Silva is still fighting(rank 1)......, but Jon Jones, Meisha Tate, nor Holly Holm are still in the top 50. I don't even know if they are still fighting at all. But guess it doesn't matter since you can't view cards outside the one your in.

And thats the main problem with this mode, and why I prefer my own fake universe mode. You don't feel like a part of a big picture, you don't have any teammates, coaches are not a part of your life, neither are rivalries. You don't even get a chance to watch other fights. Its just fight, train, fight, train, fight, train. So repetitive it hurts.

How about sitting in the front row to watch the number 1 contenders match when you're champion, how about calling out other fighters, or giving us the chance to talk trash or be respectful. I mean there's nothing extra in this mode, just barebones career mode.

Last edited by Don Jon; 03-19-2016 at 12:20 PM.