Old 03-26-2016, 12:45 PM   #204
Denzel Washington
Rookie

Denzel Washington's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Player Ratings - Top Players at Each Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedEvil
lmao very relevant. Defense can def season and get better cuz a players been in the league (as long as u work) for awhile. Crawford has gotten better year by year. The more into a players prime that player gets he works on his first step quickness and how to take better routes to the ball, how to get rid of it quicker, better footwork turning two, etc....You just dont have your skills when you get into the league and thats it. I am not defending Tulo one bit cuz I cant stand how he gets put on a pedastool for playing 100 games a year after breaking a nail, but one thing you hear from the older infielders (and by watching) is that Tulo and Crawford make a lot of very tough plays look very routine while some SSs make them look amazing.
http://www.fangraphs.com/library/pri...s/aging-curve/

What aspect of lindor's defense would improve with age? Instincts are hardwired and young players are at their peak from a physical standpoint. Defense hardly ever improves. The few instances I can think of are from some tweaks to footwork but usually they aren't drastic changes and they are few and far between.

Regardless this is all pointless as lindor is better than tulowitzki defensively ATM. If you knew about lindor you knew that his glove has been ready in the minors for a few seasons and they were just letting his bat Get to the major league level.
Again, this isn't controversial once you look at the facts

Last edited by Denzel Washington; 03-26-2016 at 12:50 PM.