View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 03:10 AM   #1
WaitTilNextYear
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
WTNY's 2016 Pitch Edits

UPDATE 4/3 -- PITCH EDITS ARE HERE..for 2-pitch pitchers, you'll have to make up a 3rd pitch. I suggest adding a type of fastball at about the same velocity as the primary fastball. Maybe someday Sony will drop the minimum pitch requirement.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
last update: 7/20/16

-----------------------------------------------------------

COMING SOON.

The work is done and I'm just waiting for Opening Day rosters to be locked in so I can post the most updated spreadsheet possible.

What's included? Pitch edits for ~960 pitchers based on data from Brooks Baseball updated through the end of the 2015 season. In some cases Spring Training data from 2016 has been incorporated for newer players. In some cases, older pitch edit data has been used for players who haven't appeared in awhile or have been injured.

Take a look at my thread from last year to get a feel for what this is about.

I'm enthused about this year's data because I made a couple of key (in my mind, anyway) improvements from last year.

1) For guys with down-breaking sliders, I was able to better credit them for that this year in the movement ratings. Some guys that benefit a lot from this off the top of my head: Michael Pineda, Tyson Ross, Jeff Samardzija, and Chris Archer.

2) I was a bit stricter about sample size in the sense that I was much more skeptical about using data from a relatively small number of pitches to calculate a control rating. In some cases, I erred on the side of using career numbers or regressing the data a bit to get rid of some really high/really low [undeserved] ratings for control of various pitches due to small samples.

I'll update this when the spreadsheet goes up. Happy gaming!

Last edited by WaitTilNextYear; 07-20-2016 at 10:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove