Old 03-28-2016, 09:48 PM   #1932
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb1976
Might try a fantasy draft, I was getting a little bored with the real life rosters. I found it way to easy to win games with the amount of very mediocre teams out there. The points you make are among some of the things that drive me nuts with the game at times. The cpu teams should be fully able to optimize their schemes to suit their personal, would make the game far more realistic and challenging. You often hear coaches talk about how personnel dictates scheme, not vice versa.When coaches dont do that, like Rex Ryan with the Bills last season, the results are usually bad. Hopefully this is something that is looked at for M17. It wouldn't be hard to program.
Exactly! And actually, Madden does a terrific job of portraying this sort of thing. Change the Bills back to a 43 scheme and go with a different setup (receiving back or speed back) for the RB slot (for McCoy) and they are a terror.

You're right about one thing though....players should dictate scheme. I go back to the Andre Ellington or Leveon Bell examples and their specific skillsets do not complement the scheme. In Arizona's scheme, it actually mimics real life (which is why David Johnson gained more playing time as the year progressed). However, I'd argue that there is no way that the Steelers scheme should have the RB slot set up to receiving back.

The one thing I'd like to see next year is a more careful focus by EA on how they assign position schemes for each team. For the most part, they're pretty good....but there are some pretty egregious examples where they aren't, and those teams tend to be far easier to beat than they should be.

Edit: and if you give the fantasy draft a shot....set your scheme first however you'd like it for your team, and then let the CPU draft for you....it actually makes it quite interesting

Last edited by JoshC1977; 03-28-2016 at 09:51 PM.