View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 11:23 AM   #22
TheWarmWind
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Available, Post Your Impressions Here

Haven't played a game yet but spent some time doing batting practice this morning trying to work out how I'll play the game this year, and I have to say I'm a little underwhelmed at the new precision input engine.

I played directional on veteran to start out. I played as Bautista with Tillman pitching. First pitch in the zone is a high inside fastball. I see it all the way and time it perfectly. Foul tipped behind the plate. At first I think "Hey, maybe that was just a fluke. After all they didn't promise ALL well timed swings would result in hard hit balls." Too bad the rest of the batting practice went the same. Perfectly timed hits resulting in fouls and choppers.

Worst part is, I went back to center swinging on zone and got much better results.

I'm going to give directional another try later when I play a full game. There are a lot of things I like about it. Hope that my experience in batting practice was just an exception.

I also noticed an incredibly broken animation from the check swing. Yikes 20 minutes playing the game and I'm catching all the worst of it. Still, looking forward to this afternoon when I can play more.