View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 05:11 PM   #8
johnnydangerously
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: RTTS Game watch altered/removed

So, for the record, Ramone’s answer: [chance for a patch] “none”

I now accept this as a deliberate “design decision” on the part of the developers and something that will not revert to prior playing styles to satisfy users.

From my experiments, here are our options, within each Presentation Style:

Fast Play
• Fast Play will always use the fast-forward mode of play. You’ll see an at-bat, followed by perhaps a fielding opportunity, followed by another at-bat; all with no simulation screen or any other form of interruption. It is up to the user to determine inning, score, outs, baserunners, defensive shift… all in the seconds before a pitch is thrown. One game I played, during which I had no fielding opportunities, it appeared I was batting back-to-back-to-back if I had not paid close attention to the score bug UI.
• (It should be noted that, if you begin play with anything but Fast Play, and press O to “watch game”, then change your Presentation Style to Fast Play, you will get as close to “all pitches” as we can get with only an occasional “do you want to continue watching” dialog.)

Hybrid and Broadcast
• Both of these styles use the fast-forward mode of play by default, but can be interrupted by the user pressing O to “watch game” or to show the “play by play” simulation screen we’re all familiar with. This must be done repeatedly during every cutscene — often interrupting said cutscenes in the process — else the game will revert to the fast-forward play.

I’m not sure I agree with their decision, but I can tell you these options are still probably superior to the “all pitches” and “result play” styles we had last year which would show the simulation screen with “PRESS X TO CONTINUE” between every batter.