View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 08:16 PM   #1
mav3rek
Rookie

mav3rek's Arena

OVR: 1
Franchise question/discussion

So I'm a veteran video game player and veteran MLB game player. I mostly play sports games, but do enjoy lots of other titles that are not sports related.

Some background on my play style (TL;DR -- I never finish a season in MLB and am looking for suggestions.)

I have never, in my life, ever, finished a complete 162 game season. I usually try and play all 162, which is just nuts, I know, but I can't help it. I despise simming games, and simmed stats. I feel like if I'm playing a franchise I should control every aspect of it. If I lose a game because I strike out with the bases loaded in the bottom of the 9th, then so be it.

I don't want to win because the computer was able to get a hit in a situation that I didn't. I also don't want to get hosed by the computer sucking it up with a guy that I can hit with pretty well and end up losing out on a bunch of stats because the computer doesn't do well with him. (An example, in Spring Training I'm hitting almost .500 with Ivan DeJesus Jr. with him playing regularly and I'm 20+ games into spring. I'm sure the CPU would not have the same success.) So I feel like with simming I could either get some benefit from the CPU or be hurt by the CPU and my accomplishments would then feel diminished.

If I don't play every game and my team wins the World series, would it still feel the same? I never finish a season, so I never get into the free agents, and drafting and that whole aspect of the game and I really want to change that this year. So here's what I've come up with. I feel like there are basically 3 legit options for me.

1) Sim everything. Pick a team, and play the role of GM, draft/trade/sign FAs, etc, and not really worry with playing the actual game. I would maybe play a game here or there, but would basically just sim. This would assure of multiple seasons, etc.

2) I like the idea of play 1 sim 5, that way you get to play with each member of your rotation.

3) Suck it up and try like heck to play all 162.

What are your thoughts? Any other options I should consider? Do you guys get through multiple seasons, and if so... how? Do you feel cheated in any way?

Thanks for the input!
Advertisements - Register to remove