Old 04-13-2016, 07:29 PM   #14
Unlucky 13
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Help with hitting offspeed pitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm1961
I have been playing The Show since 2006 ... so I know all the basics (change the sliders, use the right camera, bla bla) ...

Still, I cannot for the life of me lay-off the low curve/changeup. How do I 'read' the pitch out of the pitcher's hand? If it's the heat, I have a very short time to swing (even with the FB slider way down), so I tend to be very trigger-happy and swing early on low junk.

Here's a question .... if you use buttons to initiate the swing ... do you have your finger on the button when the pitch is thrown? Just off the button? Farther away from the button? Finger on the button and already applying light pressure?

I have gotten down to this level of analysis in my attempt to stop swinging at low junk and whiffing!

I am still looking for a camera that will maximize my ability to "read the pitch" out of the pitcher's hand. I find that if I am too zoomed in, I don't read pitch location well, and if I am too far back, I don't read pitch speed well.
Unless I'm planning on taking the pitch (first pitch, 3-0 count, maybe 3-1), then yes, my finger is always on the button I'm going to use to swing. I've gotten gradually better at laying off the low and outside curveball, but I used to be horrible at it, and its still hard. For whatever reason, I'm much better at laying off when I'm hitting LH than I am RH, especially vs a RH pitcher. My biggest improvement was switching to just always using the circle button with two strikes, and then I can often fowl off the ones I don't hold back on.