View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 01:16 PM   #3
ALLMAN93
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Player Review Thread

90 FB Jim Edmonds

STATS:

l 123 AB l 29 H l 26 AB/RISP l 5 H/RISP l 3 2B l 0 3B l 5 HR l 11 RBI l 41 SO l 2 BB l .236 AVG l

Fielding:

Jim Edmonds was always known for his ability with his glove along with his arm and this card represents the Jimmy us Cardinal fans grew to love. He gets great jumps on the ball and has an above average arm. In 49 games he's made 1 error and has one outfield assist for me. That outfield assist came on my opponents Rajai Davis who was tagging from third on a semi deep flyball. If he scores he wins (bottom of the 9th and tied) and Edmonds delivered a strike to gun him down. - 10/10 -

Hitting:

Now when I say us Cardinal fans grew to love Jimmy because of his glove, we also grew to love him because of his timely hitting and monster home runs. Unfortunately this card has not represented how clutch he was in real life. With 26 AB with RISP and only coming through 5 times that gives him a .192 W/RISP. Of course this is subject to user error at times but I still feel that the majority of the time he makes contact it's usually a fly out or a grounder making him incredibly shaky with RISP. This card is not completely useless offensively though. He still has pop and he can still get a good amount of base knocks but what he's lacking is the ability to plug gaps and the stats tell this story too. Only 3 doubles in 123 ABs. He's got decent plate coverage and doesn't seem to have any crutch inside the zone either. He has the power to yank a high and in fastball for a home run and most definitely has the ability to send one over the wall low and away. When he's getting base knocks 9/10 times they're ropes back up the middle so he's very solid in that sense. - 6/10 -

Baserunning:

Edmonds was never known for having blazing speed and this card shows it. He isn't slow by any means and can still swipe a bag if timed right and against the right matchup. - 7/10 -

Final Thoughts:

Overall I'd say he's worth it for me. When I think of center fielder's I think of guys who can cover ground and take base hits away. He does just that and then some. His arm makes him one of the best true center fielder's in the game. Offensively he can be very streaky but if he's on, he's on. I've had 1 multi homer game in which he accounted for my entire offense for the game (I won 4-3 online).