View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 01:34 PM   #43
Gridiron
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Do You Care About Dangerous Hits in Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I feel like Madden 16 is the best Madden yet (in terms of physics). It has been a long time coming too. And, I am concerned that they can't handle it. I don't mean to be disrespectful towards developers etc.. I just don't trust that EA Sports can handle incorporating illegal hits and then having the refs throwing a flag for such things. So, I'd rather see them continue to polish physics and continue to build on what they have right now, then to veer off an include an illegal hit system. And I certainly don't want to see the game go back to defenders rolling off of players instead of tackling.

I also feel like the article leans towards making a big deal out of nothing. How many of us play this game and seriously think this is a major issue? "The days of" rant is a bit much for me. Is this something to be that passionate about?
Hmmmm. I think the lack of actual contact on hits, combined with the lack of wrapping up and using proper leverage that you have to in order to bring down a grown man, are all issues to be concerned with in this game. There are so many hits where a guy just runs into a guy or pushes him down, or shoulder shrugs a big hit instead of actually tackling. I just wonder how they look at that stuff internally and go "Yep, that's a wrap. We nailed it, put that in."

I just want to see hits and basic tackles I actually see in real life, and Madden does have some, just too few of them because either the hit itself is often unrealistic or the reaction to the hit is unrealistic.