Old 04-30-2016, 08:33 PM   #20
extremeskins04
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: SO tired of the PLAYER DEVELOPMENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay D
It's one of the reasons I tend to stick with playing single seasons. Each year the players are re-rates based on real life performance, even if it is a projection. And in baseball, hockey, and basketball, for all but the very few fanatics, no one plays into the second seasons (and if you are simming, seriously get a PC and dive into a text sim where realism still thrives). Football is different because of the short seasons, but the games are just as weak in modeling real life progression and regression. I'd rather see a more thorough way to move the stats and league history over to the new game each season, while I play with the new ratings from the new game.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alot of "sports simulation enthusiasts" take pride in developing their own systems of how they play the game the way they want to. For me it's fun to rebuild a franchise team into a dynasty. It's fun to use player lock on one position and have the CPU play the other positions. This way the player ratings come into full effect, which is difficult to do when you're controlling every player.

Also, I don't play every game. In an 82 game season, I will play about 20 games and sim the rest and then if i make the playoffs, I'll play one, then sim one, then play one and sim one. I like going through many seasons and building a team through free agency, trading and/or the draft.

That's fun for me. To each their own. In NHL 16 I've had a few hiccups but more or less, it's been pretty good with the progression and regression of players.

Some people like to only play one season and play every game. That's fun to them and that's cool, but I like watching players grow in their careers.