View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 08:26 AM   #123
Twigg4075
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 16 Available For Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Android & iOS

I'm about 60 games into my season now and still loving it. I fully expect to finish a 162-games season and that is something I haven't done with a baseball game since the Genesis days and Tony LaRussa baseball. Even then I ended up simming the final 20 or so games because I had such a ridiculous lead in my division. Right now I have about a five game lead on the Yankees in the AL East and I have one more game against them in the current series.

MLB Games really tightened up and fixed most of the issues and minor annoyances of previous versions of the game. I can't say more how much I enjoy this game. Robbing homeruns is such a thrill. A few things I've noticed that still need to be addressed are:
1) The 'phantom HR' glitch.
2) Errors. I will notice that the defense will be credited with an error even if it had no affect on the outcome of the play, which should not be the case. IE, a base hit to center field and the CF flubs it. The hitter had a single anyway and did not advance to second on the flub but the CPU credits it as an error and the hitter gets screwed with an at-bat with an 'out'.
I also don't think I've ever seen an actual throwing error. There have been several times, mostly with tappers down the first base line where the AI seems to get confused and the pitcher will try to throw to 1B before the first basemen is on the bag and the throw goes sailing into RF. I've also seen a few throws to second that went into CF/RF because the fielder wasn't on 2B yet. It just seems to be an AI flaw and not intentional because the game doesn't recognize it as an error. I do wish actual throwing errors would be added into the game. Manny Machado is an amazing defender but even he will occasionally throw high or bounce one to 1B. It would be cool to see Davis make a scoop or see the ball go past him every so often. Or an outfielder trying to throw someone out at home and the throw sails wide past the catcher or bounces away. Or even a passed ball. If you want to throw those slow pitches that bounce in the dirt there should be a risk that it might get passed the catcher.
3) Fielder switch fielding animation issue. I've mostly (maybe all) have noticed this with the SS. A ball will be hit to the SS but for whatever reason the CPU selects the 3B as the suggested fielder. I'll quickly switch to the SS with B (XB1, circle on PS4) and even when the SS fields it cleanly, directly in front of him, he'll always go into this animation where it's like he plays the ball behind him, running away from home plate if you will. It's jarring and it also causes the fielder to take an extra second or so which can lead to close plays at 1B or even speeder runners to be safe on plays that should've been routine outs.
4) I stated in another thread that I think the addition of injuries would be cool. I don't want them to happen constantly but an occasional injury that would force you to juggle your roster and call up a reserve would make things interesting.