Old 05-10-2016, 06:58 AM   #2182
Rubio809
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Awesome stuff khalib, I'd like to touch base with you about this offline when I get a chance.

----------------------------

One thing guys....the bump to the threshold is a total bust. Going to 55 threshold played well, but it accentuated one issue which has been our problem - lack of aggression by the defenders. The 55 threshold allowed me to better see what was going on....whenever a player busted a run outside, their pursuit angles were so shallow that they were nearly running parallel to the LOS to catch the back on the corner.

In English, aggression is not there....

On a lark, I decided to try something a bit different. In previous years, the Kick Catch Interference slider controlled defensive reactions and aggression. It's no a longer a slider now, just a On/Off toggle. So....I tried turning it off (in both CFM and MM) and OMG....just one quarter into a game, but for the first time I can remember on this game....the defense is truly swarming to the ball. With the enhancements to the blocking we have here, it's added yet another dynamic to the overall gameplay.

So, in summary, use the OP set and turn Kick Catch Interference "Off".

Probably premature to post this now, but I trust my instincts having seen it in action. I think that this is yet another step in the right direction.
So what was the outcome in your game (score)? What were the total yards for both teams?