Old 05-15-2016, 07:20 PM   #2241
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Enabling Heatseeker in the Main Menu is inspired...

Wouldn't be surprised if that rendered a more defensive based result, without the jacked bonus it can afford the HUM player when enabled in CFM...

My guess would be that it affords a minor "universal" boost to "ball awareness" across the (defensive) board to both the HUM and CPU...
Hey King...it is very similar to your equally-inspired idea of going with "ballhawk lite" by only enabling it in one of the two. I was toying with AM this morning, and when I set it back to AP, it has that annoying trait of resetting the assists to on...I was just about to re-toggle the heat seeker and went, "I wonder?".

Your description of the boost to "ball awareness" seems to be pretty applicable....it was so subtle that I couldn't point to any one thing from an animation/action standpoint...it was just good defense. Again, I'm going to need more sample size as a Denver/Baltimore matchup can easily show itself as a defensive struggle...that said, I've played tough defenses before and have never been shut down quite THAT effectively.

It's interesting....hopefully a lot of this work will translate to M17 and we can use the same fundamental concepts for slider design on that game. If they nearly all translate...sliders will be easy next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove