Old 05-17-2016, 10:11 PM   #2250
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Actually, I've stumbled on a set for coach mode that is working well (so far). I'm actually losing games, which is a first since the new patch. Since most people don't play coach mode, it might not help any, but for what it's worth the trick was threefold: 1) match both MM and CFM Auto Subs at 49/50; 2) keep fatigue at 50; and 3) shut all assists off (e.g., Ball Hawk).

I kept trying different versions of your set for coach mode, and I kept either seeing ridiculously defensive games or I was kicking the CPU's butt. But once I did the above using your penalty sliders, it was like a different game for me. There's still some possible tweaking, but once I got my butt kicked 45-10 last night to bring my record to 4-4, I knew I had a good set to build off of.

Again, I know it's probably not something you'd be interested in, especially since it sounds like you really like your set, but for the sake of "Madden science," I figured I'd share.
I'm always for the advancement of "Madden science"

If I understand though, you are basically forsaking subs for gameplay...if I had to sacrifice one versus the other, I'd do the same.

The one thing that has always bugged me with the lower autosubs is QB targeting...I'd use another setup but the one thing that always drives me bonkers whenever I deviate from default autosubs is that the QBs target the daggone TEs way too much. It's one thing for Flacco to target Pitta and Co. early and often as his WRs are crap...but when Stafford targets Pettigrew/Ebron more than Johnson....I have issues with that.

You raise an interesting point with ballhawk....I haven't looked at that since we turned KCI and OPI off. I also, frankly, have been tinkering so much that I haven't spent nearly enough time on the OP set...I need to do so....

One aside here guys....a lot of the discussion here on out is going to be to advance "Madden science". The OP set is, at its core, a solid gameplay set. Unless there is something earthbreaking, it's all going to be left to individual preference.

However, if I do find something worthwhile....I will try to be very clear when I post it that it isn't just tinkering.