Old 05-19-2016, 03:26 PM   #4
jeremym480
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
I didn't even know we had a dedicated team thread.

Alright guys, what would YOU do with the 3rd overall pick in this year's draft? Lots of speculation surrounding the pick. Do you use the pick to draft a player, and if so who, or do you trade the pick for an already established player, and again, who?

Let's try to keep our wants somewhat realistic.
I keep going back and fourth on what I want. I'm trying to look at this optimistically and think there's really not a way that Boston can screw this up. Here's my thoughts:

Plan A - The Win Now Plan - Make a huge deal for a Superstar (Boogie, PG13, Butler, etc.) It's what I most want to see, but it's probably the least likely.

Plan B - The get better, but probably still a year/player or two away from really contending for a title Plan - As I said yesterday, if we can't make a HUGE deal, then part of my wants to trade the pick for Jahlil Okafor. He would be much cheaper than signing someone like Horford. Plus, I think if Okafor has a lot of potential. Him and IT running the PnR seems like a sweet combo. He just has to get much better defensively.

Plan C The Draft the Prospect with the Highest Celing Plan - The more I see of Dragon Bender the more enamored I am with him. He's so agile for a guy that's 7'1. I don't know if he would be ready to step out on the court and play from Day One, but he could really be something in the future. If they did draft him, then they could use our cap space to sign a FA or two. Note: This could easily turn into Plan B for me. I'm still up in the air.

Plan D - Go with BPA Plan - I admit that I don't watch a ton of college basketball, but from what I've seen Buddy Hield is a great scorer and could be the BPA at 3. Now, I now that guard isn't really a position of need, but honestly outside of IT, Bradley and Smart I'm not really sold on any of the other guys. If another team is high on another prospect here, then this could give Boston the opportunity to trade down and acquire even more assets (not that they really need them for this draft). Also, if this happens, signing someone like Horford or trading for someone like Marc Gasol is a must.

Anyway, that's my thoughts with my NBA 2K GM hat on... I'm sure Danny Boy has a completely different plan in mind though.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans