Old 05-24-2016, 09:41 PM   #100
WaitTilNextYear
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
I thought ShowTime's equipment edits from OSFM is incorporated?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksInSix
I believe that was for the minor league players only? Just from doing the Orioles last night, everything about Machado was wrong. I completely understand players adjust gear as the season progresses, but he was not equipped with any Evo Shield guards, or anything else he currently rocks on game day. Same could be said for most of the Oriole Players. I completely understand this addition does nothing for most gamers, but I figured if by posting my work I make the game that much better for even one person, then sign me up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Sounds good.
We used a different Sony roster update base than OSFM, so if they did add equipment to major league players for OSFM, it wouldn't be in this roster. We've mentioned multiple times that we didn't do a thorough overhaul of equipment.

As for the minor league players, not only do we have whatever equipment was done in OSFM v1.5, but maybe 500 or so players have been overwritten with new players and would have updated equipment in some cases as well.

The only major league equipment that we did was whatever Willard did to the Blue Jays and all of the detailed edits I input for the Phillies (h/t to PhilliesFan13). All the other teams had (if there even was a thread at all) was a melting pot of misc information, not a straight equipment edits thread. There was no time to sort through tens of irrelevant posts to get to 1 or 2 that had equipment in them, which is why the Phillies got the white-glove treatment. If there had been 30 teams with their own equipment thread with the quality and ease of access like the Phillies had, this roster would have totally up to date equipment. Nobody was willing to do the leg work, though, myself included.