Old 05-25-2016, 01:02 PM   #140
WaitTilNextYear
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer5761
Opinions are welcome here...just as long as they coincide exactly with everyone else's. Contrary to popular opinion, it actually is possible to appreciate the work other people put into the roster, while still thinking that the ratings look a little wonky.
Glad you guys are figuring that out.

I think the issue everyone has with some pop-up posts in here is not the back and forth or difference of opinion (even though I've stated many, many times that these ratings are tied to projections...if you have issues, they're with the projections and/or people continue to neglect the explanation for where these ratings actually come from, which many find exasperating..having to explain over and over like Groundhog Day), but that people with no "skin in the game"--those who neither helped make it, didn't consult on it, aren't using it, don't plan to use it, and weren't asked for their opinion feel the need to be disagreeable in the sense that it's more about being 'right' or picking at something than providing legitimate constructive criticism.

Let's put it this way, imagine if I sauntered into every roster thread in this sub-forum and told everyone exactly what I think and pointed out any perceived flaws that I could find? What's the point? Would that be necessary? Why would I waste my time on doing that? That's the point, many of you lack a clean motivation (other than being disagreeable), and many gentlemen simply are not picking up on this as the reason they rub others the wrong way.