jeremym480
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffx
Why would you want Kevin Love???
I don't know if I want Love honestly... I was just throwing out two names that I've seen rumored around the internet. Okafor is being mentioned because the 76ers may want to move him for a shooter due to drafting Simmons (who can't shoot), having Noel/Embiid and Dario Saric finally joining the team. Love is being mentioned because despite being paid 21m/yr he can't even get on the court at crunch time due to the Cavs other big's.

I've seen others around the internet that still really like Love and particularly like him more than Okafor, so I figured I would test the temp here at OS. Part of me think if Love gets away from Lebron and gets back into a motion offense, then we will be really productive again like he was for the T'Wolves under Adelman. Another part of my thinks he's soft as Charmin and Okafor would be better option (especially considering their ages). However, Okafor could be a knucklehead off of the court and end up being a liability. Both would be gambles, but so is drafting a rookie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Noah is an intriguing option. Could give us a different look inside than anyone big we currently have.
I think that Noah would provide an edge down low that we haven't had since KG. Obviously, at 31 he's got a lot of miles on him and is an injury concern, but a player like him is something that this team really needs, imo. Well, as long as we don't have to break the bank to get him and it's only a 1 or 2 year deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
That wouldn't be a bad lineup at all. I would like for Zeller to have a better role for this team. I can't remember if he's an UFA or not but I thought when he played he actually played pretty well most of the time. He just didn't get many minutes. Last season Zeller played a lot more. I would have used him just as much if not more than Sullinger if you ask me. I don't know his status though for next season. I haven't checked into his contract. Do we have him coming back or not? Noah wouldn't be a bad option but no way we can bring both Noah & Horford in with what we already have on the roster at PF/C. It would then become just as crowded as the guard position. It would have to be one or the other(Noah or Horford) but not both. If we take the pick @#3 then I think we should draft Hield myself. He's a SG but could also play SF. If not Hield, then go the big man route & get a true Center in Bender. I say this because we might not even use the pick to draft a player. Danny might have a trade up his sleeve for the #3 pick to either bring in a big name FA or future draft considerations. If that happens I hope it's a player like Horford, Drummond, Whiteside, D. Howard?, Batum, or even KD?. We need another star/superstar type player to go with Isiah Thomas. Thomas has already placed himself into star status if you ask me.
Zeller is a RFA. Also, Amir's contract is unguaranteed meaning we can cut him without any financial repercussions, so there is some flexibility to add players. If we signed Noah I wouldn't want him playing but maybe 15-20 mins per game, so that would leave some available minutes for the backup big's.

I agree with you on IT and that's why I would love to see them get him some help in the form of a scoring big like Okafor, Love or Horford. I'd also like an enforcer down low and since we probably can't afford a scoring big and like Whiteside, like I think going with an older/less expensive player like Noah would be ideal.

As much as I want a Superstar I don't know if I want to mortgage the future on one. I mean, if Butler is going to cost the 3rd this year, Brooklyn's pick next year, Bradley, + more, then I would just as soon keep the picks and try to build that way. Of course, then we're replying of FA's coming to Boston which has never really worked in the past, so that's another gamble.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans