Old 05-31-2016, 07:37 AM   #62
Greenblood60
Rookie

Greenblood60's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Madden 17 video - Defensive Gap Control System

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I was half joking the other day when they dropped the first vid and had the big text on screen, when i said that they did it to cover up the other action taking place. Now im starting to believe that they are doing it purposely so that we won't analyze what else is happening on the field.
I could see that approach for the first vid, which showcased the ball carrier moves. Showcasing the gap play wouldn't be the intention and would garner unwarranted criticism ( that was premature ), but in a vid showcasing defensive gap control, having text written over the actual gaps the defense is controlling is asinine. That and the fact that the only thing that you could see clearly was the tackle ignoring Kuechly and allowing him to make the play.

They inadvertently highlighted poor AI on the part of the offensive line; that's all they highlighted. I can't see whether the gap play is improved at all because of the huge text plastered all over the play.

These vids aren't for us. They're intended to generate hype and advertise certain features that will be in the game, but they ( Tiburon ) are not at the point where they are ready to really show those improvements.