View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 10:51 AM   #5
Lake the striker
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NEW Stand-up STRIKING mechanics for EA UFC 3 (concept, ideas, discussions)

Awsome thread, Christ that's a detailed OP. I think striking should be more realistic but as the game changer already stated the casuals that they're trying to appeal to may not like that. However, if thats the case, there should be a slider or an sim/arcade option as the game changer suggested. Here's are a couple of suggestions I made in another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake the striker
I think the stun capacity and stopping power of a strike should be based on:

Force of the strike – I think the force of a strike should always be based on stamina, instead what happens in this game is stamina only effects striking force when it reaches 0 or very close to it. I don’t think it should be like this at all, your stamina level should always effect the force of your strikes no matter what level your stamina is, for example 100% stamina = 100 strike force, 88% stamina = 88 strike force, 43% stamina = 43 strike force, 10% stamina = 10 strike force e.t.c.

Distance from the opponent – being to close or far from the opponent depending on the strike should lessen its effectiveness, for example a straight thats thrown at such a distance that it barely touches the opponent nose should not do as much damage as a straight thrown at optimum distance

Where the strike lands – if a single strike lands flush on the jaw, chin or temple at full force (full stamina) at optimum distance it should produce a 99% knock out/stagger chance, no matter the situation, if it lands at half that stamina at optimum distance it should produce a 49% knock out/stagger chance, if it lands at quarter stamina at optimum distance it should produce a 24% knock out/stagger chance .e.t.c.

There's a lot more I could suggest and a lot more that I think should be included/changed about the game but I think the above should definitely be included, I think it would promote picking your shots and properly put stopping power in the game.
Also slightly of topic but EA should give us more information about stuff like strike priority and the role of momentum/positioning in this current game. I asked the Game Play Developer here for some answers but he ignored me and answered everyone elses questions for whatever reason (It's cool though).
Advertisements - Register to remove