View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 09:55 PM   #396
mets3214
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: POKE'S NBA 2K16 SUPERSTAR SIM SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gaming_Disciple
I have advocated this for a few years now, and dropped this knowledge in the NCAA football thread.

Whenever too many slider adjustments are made in the game it introduces bugs (glitches) that causes the game to freeze, run slow, become glitchy/twitchy.

These games are programmed to run smoothly/fluidly on default out of the box settings. They are designed to have certain animations/outcomes happen at certain times within the game.

My wife is a computer programmer for state law enforcement and creates programs all day. I asked her about this because it was so frustrating when sliders would blatantly affect gameplay. She broke it down with regards to how development software works.

Unfortunately we as consumers won't get the truth from game developers no matter how much they boast about how sliders help us control gameplay.

Hope this long post helped.
I'm a programmer as well, doing my Master's in Computer Science and I can't seem to figure out what it could be. I have a feeling that it might be something with my roster? I didn't expect sliders to have such an impact, even resetting sliders to default won't allow me to progress so maybe the damage is done? I do remember in the first franchise that Kendall Marshall was glitched on the 76ers and anytime I pressed on him in rotations, the game crashed. He should be a free agent now though. Kendall Marshall wasn't glitched in the second franchise.