Old 06-20-2016, 10:39 PM   #29174
LowerWolf
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: PlayStation 4 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase
I have 140gb free on my hard drive, but my PS4 still will not allow me to download any games.

Every time I try it says "Cannot Download. To download the content, you must delete unnecessary content from system storage."

I've tried clearing even more space, shutting down and restarting the console, removing the game from the download q and then going back into my library and starting it again, and finding it in the store and triggering the download from there. I also tried multiple games to verify.

Anyone had this happen before ? I slept it off and tried again this morning and my system downloaded a Sharefactory update over night, but still no dice.
I'm running into this now. I've got around 50gb left on my 1tb drive and it's giving me errors trying to get the Witcher 3 1.22 update.

Edit: So I contacted Sony, because I was curious. The rep said when there's an update, the system uninstalls the game, downloads the update and then reinstalls everything. For whatever reason, it doesn't give you back the space while it's doing that, so you essentially need double the space of the game to install the update.

I deleted The Witcher (freeing up the original 53gb or so) and then reinstalled. Now it's taking the update.

Kind of a pain, but at least there's an explanation (sort of).

Edit 2: Although that doesn't really explain Chase's situation.

Last edited by LowerWolf; 06-21-2016 at 12:29 AM.