View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 02:40 PM   #1
atlwarya
Rookie

OVR: 3
Does Michael Jordan's name have the same impact as before?

I really hate ESPN right now because they are screwing with these kids heads. Even the 90s kids from my generation seem to have forgotten the impact Michael Jordan had on the NBA and basketball. I talk to people from my era and younger daily and they seem to think a lot of these teams from this generation can beat Michael Jordan's championship Bulls teams including the 96 Bulls.

You even have people my age and younger saying LeBron is better. I do like LeBron and do respect what he has done for the league but let's be real 8 seasons scoring 30 ppg or more, 5 MVPs & a few years he got snubbed, man averaged over 30 ppg just about every year in the playoffs and he's 6-0 in the finals. His resume is too good and that's not even all of it. LeBron's does not even come close. A kid told me the 2001 Lakers will beat the 96 Bulls in a series and I was like c'mon Bruh! That Lakers team was historically good in the playoffs and will probably take the Bulls to 6 games but they are not better.

They always disrespect the OG's of the game saying things like "Oh players in the 80s & 90s weren't as quick and athletic as they are today." And in my mind I always tell myself that didn't stop Larry Bird from dominating Dominique Wilkins and Jordan in the 80s. Yeah Bird did play on better teams but if it weren't for his IQ of the game. They wouldn't have beat a lot of the teams they beat.

I hate to say but if we keep going at this rate, basketball will be dead in a few years and the younger generation will not even remember the great Michael Jordan.
Advertisements - Register to remove