View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 09:20 PM   #8
bxphenom7
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
I'm all for them as long as they don't replace the original career modes but stay separate just like 2k had with 24/7 mode. I still believe one's career is written as they play, not written for them. At least give us the choice if we want to have the story elements incorporated into the mode when we're beginning the mode. Hell, let us pick if we want to start as part of a draft or undrafted. MLB The Show does this well, and NBA 2k used to do this well. These story modes, as they are right now, are cheesy anyways.

I think the real innovation should come with the game being able to recognize moments in your career that are critical, such as perhaps not having won a championship yet despite a long time or multiple Finals runs, missing a winning shot to close out a series, consecutive postseason early exits despite expectations, etc. and have them shown on headlines like the NBA.com headlines in 2k, the radio show in MLB, PES/FIFA headlines, and even the virtual twitter stuff. Make them feel more aware and living. This story stuff just stifles actual innovation in the career modes. For FIFA, what are they going to do story-wise for FIFA 18? This feels like a one-off thing.