View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 01:26 PM   #2466
Last Gunfighter
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

For those interested I just wanted to give an update on my Broncos Coach Mode CFM using this set. To clarify, I call all the plays and the CPU executes them, except for punting and kicking, I Super Sim all of those. I simmed trough the 1st season and started with the offseason, signing RGIII to replace the retired Manning. We obviously have a very strong defense but our offensive line is very young and will take some developing as the season stats attest too. Given our underwhelming offense most games were very close defensive battles but we did manage to go 13-3 and earn a Wildcard birth. We defeated the Chiefs in the WC game and then the Colts in the Divisional round before losing to the eventual Super Bowl winning Browns in the AFC Championship game, IN THE SNOW! Trailing by 7 with 13 seconds left on the clock and no timeouts RGIII connected with Thomas deep only to be tackled at the 3 as time ran out. A disappointing end to the season but I can't say enough about the job Josh and all the other contributing members of this thread have done. A few minor oddities but overall I think they are playing great, providing very realistic games and nice stats. My one major complaint is that RGIII absolutely refuses to run the ball, I'm not sure this has anything to do with the sliders though. I have had plenty of QBs take off and run against me but no matter how much room he has in front of him he either throws it away or waits to finally take the sack. Again, I highly doubt any slider set can remedy this. The only other thing is I'm not seeing a lot of penalties or substitutions but those are minor gripes for how well the game plays, and the ratings and traits really seem to matter.

I think a great example of this is with my rookie punter, who has really good power and pretty good accuracy, however when I signed him I noticed he had the "Clutch" trait which I thought was a bit odd for a punter. He was solid all year, nothing spectacular, but in my Wildcard game against the Chiefs I was clinging to a 6 point lead with less than a minute left in the game and was forced to punt and with a truly clutch kick he pinned them inside the 1 and I was able to hold on for the win. And remember, this happened when I Super Simmed, I did not make the kick myself! I thought it was really awesome to see that clutch trait come out and have such a cool effect on the game.

Anyway, here are some stats from the season, I think they look pretty freakin' good!

Passing
Brady 4,899 yds, 41 TDs, 22 INTs, 70% (a bit high but it is Brady)
Rivers 4867 yds, 33 TDs, 13 INTs, 64%
Flacco 4534 yds, 34 TDs, 17 INTs, 63%
Winston 4423 yds, 33 TDs, 14 INTs, 64%
Brees 4318 yds, 29 TDs, 15 INTs, 65%
Rodgers 4212 yds, 29 TDs, 14 INTs, 66%

ME - RGIII 3501 yds, 25 TDs, 10 INTS, 70% (a bit high but it was all CPU since I play Coach Mode)

Rushing
Morris 1631 yds, 4.8 ypc, 14 TDs
Lacy 1625 yds, 5.1 ypc, 11 TDs
Charles 1533 yds, 5.3 ypc, 9 TDs
Bell 1463 yds, 5.6 ypc, 17 TDs
ME - Anderson 1439 yds, 4.3 ypc, 12 TDs

Receiving
Edleman 107 rec, 1649 yds, 15 TDs
Bowe 102 rec, 1455 yds, 10 TDs
Jones 97 rec, 1612 yds, 12 TDs
LaFell 95 rec, 1263 yds, 6 TDs
Bryant 93 rec, 1344 yds, 14 TDs

Tackles
Alonso 162
Brown 161
Davis 161
Mosely 158
Hawk 157

Sacks
Green 18
ME - Miller 17
Collins 15
Houston 13
Ford 12.5

INTs
Rhodes 9
Wagner 9
Verner 8
Hayward 8
Bucanon 6

My offense ranked 30th in yds with 5305 and 22nd in PTs with 381
My D was 1st in yds allowed with 4650 and 2nd in PTs allowed with 279

All in all I think the stats look really good and the game plays fantastic. I just completed my 2nd offseason and am itching to start season 2!

Thanks again Josh, brilliant work as always!

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco